Claydough™ Glitter Handprint Ornament™ Directions:
(Safe and non-toxic Claydough™ Clay, no mixing Oven Baked)
- Start with clean hands and work surface. Many modeling clays contain ingredients that may stain or damage finished surfaces. Do not place unbaked clay on furniture, flooring, or fabric. Preheat oven to 275 degree° F.
- Place parchment paper or foil (not included in fir) on a baking sheet.
- Knead clay for approx. 2 min to remove air bubbles.
- Roll the clay with rolling pin until smooth and flat. Make sure clay is thick enough to fill wooden ring and get a good impression. Use ring to check thickness.
- Press the child’s hand or foot into clay and remove. If you make a mistake, go back to step 3.
- Tighten wooden ring to close about halfway and press into clay to cut out ornament.
- Trim away excess clay, loosen and REMOVE THE RING BEFORE BAKING.
- Leave ornament with parchment paper or foil on baking sheets and bake for 20-25 minutes at 275° F. BAKING SHOULD BE COMPLETED BY AN ADULT. DO NOT USE MICROWAVE OVEN. DO NOT EXCEED THE ABOVE TEMPERATURE OR BAKING TIME.
- Remove from oven and allow to cool.
- When Cool, carefully cover handprint side with glue. Sprinkle glitter and let dry overnight.
- Shake off excess glitter.
- Place wooden ring around clay and tighten to preserve and protect handprint ornament.
- Loop Twine around metal clasp and tie for hanging. Tie ribbon around metal clasp with candy cane for added decoration.
Child to Cherish™ by Perine Lowe, Inc.
2018© Brea, CA 92821 www.childtocherish.com
All rights reserved including but not limited to copyright and trade dress.
Conforms to ASTM D-4236